Hi Masatake,

Ambari needs rpms of select package just like we need rpms of the Bigdata
packages.

At my place, we follow the practice of keeping hdp-select and conf-select
as separate scripts as part of a new github project and let bigtop generate
rpms from this github source. For opensource community, I think it might
not make much sense to create a new git repo just to maintain two select
scripts. On the other hand, it becomes bit more complex to keep and manage
them within Ambari as well. Moreover the only time they get any changes is
when we need to onboard new service to Ambari. Hence I believe keeping
these two scripts within bigtop would be bit more simplified for opensource
community. Bigtop can generate rpms for *-select package just like it does
for bigtop-utils for instance and it’s going to be quite lightweight.