Next week, same time same place: Thursday 9 April, 15:00 UTC
<https://everytimezone.com/s/06252e96> in
<https://meet.jit.si/apache-annotator>

== Today’s call notes ==

Present: Nick, Gerben, Benjamin, Randall, (and Dinesh & Emery, but just
when we finished.. sorry about the timezone jump!)

Past week:
- Benjamin&Randall sent a board report out
- Randall worked this week on related projects: dom-seek[1],
dom-node-iterator[2], dom-anchor-text-position[3]. Some may end up being
incorporated into Annotator.
- Gerben has deduplicated the demo code between website repo and code repo.

Now/soon:
- new idea: also publish the in-browser test suite on the website, so
the tests can easily be run in anybody’s browser.
- the wiki is mostly outdated, let’s prune content to not confuse people
→ Gerben
    - …and add the promised release instructions to the wiki (or in the
repo itself?) → Randall
- let’s write a better documentation; pick a tool to generate docs from
inline comments?
    - Jake had started on documenting functions’ APIs; we could start
from there?
- do we switch to Typescript? Yes (after releasing v0.1).
- fragment identifiers: Gerben tried to add tests today for
@annotator/fragment-identifier, but bumped into issues with URL
encoding. Turns out that the relevant spec (the W3C Selectors&States
note) may itself need some clarifications/modifications (see filed
issue[4]). Also, we may want/have to rewrite the parser, to replace the
curent (borrowed) PEG.js code, creating something with e.g.
Parsimmon[5]. Both tasks seem a significant effort, probably not what we
should focus on now. Does anyone even (want to) use it besides ourselves?
    - intention: **remove** the fragment-identifier module, release
without it. Possibly get back to it in the future. → Gerben
    - still tempted to implement Chrome’s ScrollToTextFragment spec[6]
as a polyfill.

Other:
- Re: Pondering getting docs into HTML for annotation (see Benjamin’s
email of 27 March): too far off, let’s do one thing at a time; but it
would be cool to collaborate with (if) other projects doing such a thing.

[1]: https://github.com/tilgovi/dom-seek/
[2]: https://github.com/tilgovi/dom-anchor-text-position
[3]: https://github.com/tilgovi/dom-anchor-text-position
[4]: https://github.com/w3c/web-annotation/issues/443