----- Original Message -----
From: "Conor MacNeill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 15:28
Subject: JDK 1.1 support

> I'd like to throw this up again. What are peoples thoughts on the
following

> 1. Make Ant 1.6.x the last JDK 1.1 release. This would be clearly
documented

+1. we spell it out and so nobody is surprised.

> 2. Make the subsequent release require JDK 1.2+ (what about leap frogging
> later versions?)

There isnt enough in base 1.3 to force a switch. Now 14, there is enough
there to merit the migration (assertions, much more in the base OS), but
there is no way we could move to java1.4 only

> 3. Name this subsequent release Ant 2.0 (due to its change in system
> requirements)

+1. It is time.

> 4. Drop all the Ant2 cruft from the website.

I think it should be preserved.

> Just as a data point, CVS HEAD (Ant 1.6) has not compiled against JDK 1.1
for
> a while now (due to diagnostics changes).

yes, that was my fault, wasnt it. File a bug against me :)