The if, foreach, try, and switch tasks are out of ant
for philosophical reasons ("ant is not a scripting language")

The generalized "if"/"unless" for inner elements idea is
used (to great effect) by the cc tasks/datatypes.

Another idea in cc is the use of an extend attribute to
extend datatypes.

Peter