As Dominique mentioned, what the Ant developers typically try to do these days is push back on 3rd party integration built into Ant and let these custom tasks live with the project they support. It would be easier for maintenance for us committers, since none of (probably) use Artima SuiteRunner and it would house the tasks closest to those that can support it best.

Another option would be to host the custom tasks at your own website or Sourceforge and we'll gladly update the Ant documentation to refer there.

Or keep lobbying and perhaps another Ant committer is interested in adding this. I have no objections, but I personally don't use SuiteRunner and don't want to get into maintaining corresponding Ant tasks myself.

        Erik

On Wednesday, March 26, 2003, at 10:36 AM, Adam Duffy wrote:
Hi Dominique,

I would like to know what other people think too.

If at the end of the day, the developers of Ant do not wish to use the code
I have written, that is fine with me. I only want to contribute to the
development of Ant - which I am really fond of. As does Leigh Ishikawa. Any
advice on that matter?

Thanks,
Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominique Devienne [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 26 March 2003 15:20
To: 'Ant Developers List'
Subject: RE: Artima SuiteRunner Task

Could someone please explain me what SuiteRunner brings to the table that
JUnit doesn't???? I've looked at it quite a bit, and maybe beside better
reporting, I don't see anything compelling about it compared to JUnit, and
even loose the built-in assert methods of TestCase (thru Assert)...

I'd be interested in knowing what other see in it. Thanks, --DD