Costin Manolache wrote, On 26/03/2003 18.46:
Dominique Devienne wrote:

Hummmm, not totally. If the AntLib also uses types, you need another
<typedef>, which should also probably needs a loaderref. Since you now use
twice the classpath, if needs to be outside and refid'd.

In ant1.6 the difference between tasks and types is very small. It would be
trivial to load both of them at once.

+1

It makes sense also because it's typical for tasks to need a certain typedef, and separating the declaration is simply wrong in these cases.

In any case, I don't quite agree with Stefan: the simpler solution is:

<path id="..." />
<taskdef resource=".. " classpathref=".." />

I would love to completely remove the different treatment of types - i.e. a task is just like a type with an execute() method, and nothing else,
and <taskdef> loades both kinds.

That would be simpler than the current syntax that also require you to do a: <typedef resource="..." classpathref="..." />

Do we have a real-world candidate for

  <antlib resource=".. " classpathref=".." />

or

  <antlib resource=".. "/>

or

  <antlib location=".. .jar"/>