On Wed, 26 Mar 2003, Adam Duffy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Myself and Leigh Ishikawa ("Adding 'setName' support to the
> xmljunitresultformatter.java") have not received any response to our
> contributions. Can someone please advise?

First advice would be to be more patient, four hours isn't that much
8-)

Looking into contributions is something that takes time and all of us
here are volunteers.  It is not unusual to get no response for days,
and I'll admit that occasionally there will be no response at all.

In your case, I have no idea what Artima SuiteRunner is, so a
contribution that focusses on it will not catch my attention.  It will
go into a queue of mails and I'll hope that another committer -
somebody who knows what you are talking about ;-) - will get to it
first.  Dominique's comments suggest that it is some kind of testing
tool, nice.

So now the more general response: For quite some time we've become
very reluctant to add new tasks.  Especially tasks that are tied to
third party products - we generally prefer to see them outside of Ant
and with this product.

The reason is that Ant already contains far too many tasks that no
committer can really test and support - this leaves us in a position
where we are not doing any good to our users, nor to ourselves.

Tasks have to be supported.  If no committer is able to support it
directly, we have to rely on people less tightly connected to Ant.  In
many cases the original authors of a task have disappeared and when we
receive patches for their tasks, reviewing those patches becomes
painful.

Cheers