Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:
This can be achieved with the <trycatch/> task from antcontrib.
Take a look at it.

yes, that was what I was planning to do for now

I think it is becoming time for some of this very useful and
generic tasks to make its way into CORE.

What do people think? What antcontrib people think?

I think try and catch are better than failonerror stuff; the latter means a lot more complexity in the individual tasks, which means more testing (or worse test coverage).

So I am in favour of try/catch moving into core.

If/then/else is more controversial; I welcome input in that area

-steve