Stefan Bodewig wrote:

On 1 Aug 2003, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

(b) so you can use other implementations than the windows one.

Great!

I have Mono (0.25) installed on my Linux box and was trying to free
some time to see whether I could get <csc> (the only task I'd
currently be interested in) to work with it, it seems it is no longer
needed.

 Specifically, Mono Csharp compiler, msc, apparently uses the same
 syntax as csc if desired. We will have to test this...

Let me know what I can do to help.

Actually, thinking about it, we have one more little issue.

The tasks have a list of standard references to pull in, taken from the .NET framework set. We need to say 'if the platform!=.NET then have no default references'. You can turn off default references explicitly, but
the implicit behaviour will be broken as it refers to stuff that mono lacks.