I did a search and looked at
http://ant.apache.org/manual/develop.html#writingowntask, but didn't find
much on DataTypes. I got swamped in the mailing list archives sorry, and
couldn't see the wood for the trees. So I have a few questions around
DataTypes.

1) When were DataTypes introduce to ant, what release? (Corollary question:
What is a good version of ant to be backwards compatible with?)

2) What are the primary benefits of DataTypes? Re-use & References?

3) Ought pretty much all NestedElement be DataTypes -- to be more flexible?
[I can do w/o it, I might changed my nested elements to DataTypes, dependent
upon the answers to 1 above.]

4) I really find this "unfortunate":

        <typedef resource="krysalis-version" />
        <taskdef resource="krysalis-version" />

... i.e. it is a shame to have to put two entries for on "resource".
Is there anything like:

        <resource name="krysalis-version" />

That (in order to save changing parsing code) might look for ${name}.types
and then ${name}.tasks.

Thanks in advance.

regards

Adam