Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:
Steve,

I am trying to test on cvs.apache.org (FreeBsd and
java version "1.4.1-p3"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
1.4.1-p3-brian_28_jul_2003_12_35)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.1-p3-brian_28_jul_2003_12_35, mixed
mode)

The exec task is hanging out there it seems; at least <chmod/> and
<symlink/> hang out there.
I wonder whether the JVM which I am using there is worth something ?
Maybe I will try with a JDK 1.3 or 1.2

That is interesting. Exec() hanging. It is not like chmod is doing much.

No obvious causes spring to mind, but then I dont use freebsd much. (though I could bring it up under vmware, I suppose)