Stefan,

> > With the new ODS-5 file system this is a little bit different; I'd
> > call it "partially case sensitive".
>
> Your description sounds much like Windows NTFS or MacOS X with HFS+.

I wasn't aware of this.

> > So one solution would be to leave this problem with the buildfile
> > editor,
>
> We do so for Mac and Windows users, why should we treat OpenVMS
> differently here.

There is just the problem with File#getCanonicalPath() on OpenVMS.  It
doesn't return a unique path unfortunately, it seems to return the same as
File#getAbsolutePath() does.  And this is problematic, because case
sensitive patterns don't really work then.

Example:  I have a file FOO.TXT on the file system and select it with
<fileset includes="foo.txt"/>.  It will get selected because

        new File("foo.txt").getCanonicalPath()

returns "foo.txt" instead of "FOO.TXT".  This is obviously a limitation of
the JVM, but I don't think it will be fixed anytime soon (after talking to
the developers).

So I suppose the best thing to do is to mention this limitation in the Ant
manual.

--
knut