On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Knut Wannheden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Example: I have a file FOO.TXT on the file system and select it with
> <fileset includes="foo.txt"/>.  It will get selected because
>
>       new File("foo.txt").getCanonicalPath()
>
> returns "foo.txt" instead of "FOO.TXT".

This is bad, in particular as it won't get selected for
includes="fo?.txt", so we have an inconsistency in the case-sensitive
case, no matter what we use as a default value for OpenVMS.

The only solution I see is to change line 718 in DirectoryScanner to
read

                        if (!path.equals(currentelement)
                            || Os.isFamily("openvms")) {

or force OpenVMS to take the first branch in line 690, that should
take care of this issue.