I am writing a new task that happens to wrap javac and call it a few times. Is there any way to clear the FileSet? or possibly retrieve the FileSet from Javac's superclass(MatchingTask)? The getImplicitFileset() was protected and there doesn't seem to be a clear function on the MatchingTask to clear the FileSet. Couldn't find anything in Javac either. Is there a way to clone Javac that I am not aware of???

Short story is I want to reuse the same javac with all the same parameters compiling a different fileset each time. Maybe it would be ok to put a public clearFileSet in MatchingTask.java??? I do plan on submitting my ant task back into ant when done.
thanks for any advice on this,
dean