No.
The tokenfilter by default splits the input
into lines before giving it to the filters.

Also concat concatenates the input files into
one stream before the filterchain sees the characters.

One horrid solution would be to use the new <for>
task in antcontib with outofdate:
  <target name="append">
    <path id="combine.path">
        <fileset dir="." includes="**/*.xml"/>
    </path>
    <outofdate>
      <sourcefiles refid="combine.path"/>
      <targetfiles path="combine.out"/>
      <sequential>
        <delete quiet="yes" file="combine.out"/>
        <for param="file">
          <path refid="combine.path"/>
          <sequential>
            <concat destfile="combine.out" append="yes">
              <path path="${file}"/>
              <footer>@</footer>
            </concat>
          </sequential>