Hi Stefan,

sounds cool. Some comments inline:

Stefan Bodewig wrote:
Hi,
I've just added a utility class to CVS HEAD that can be used to turn
nested content into a DOMFragment (not necessarily a tree).  I.e., if
you use it as your nested element like

    public void addContext(XMLFragment f)

you can get the DOMFragment corresponding to the structure nested into
<content> from

   <content>
     <some-element>with nested text</some-element>
     <and-another-one with="parameters"/>
   </content>

With automatic typo correction ('x' -> 'n') in the introspection code ;-)

via f.getFragment()

which will return a org.w3c.dom.DocumentFragment object, I assume?
Any reason why the introspection doesn't look for that interface directly, instead of XMLFragment? I.e.:

    public void addContent(org.w3c.dom.DocumentFragment f)

Dominique has posted similar code here and on the user list a couple
of times and Upayavira needed something like this for his cocoon Ant
task.  I will need it for my <nant> and <msbuild> sandbox tasks.

Some notes:

* it doesn't deal very well with mixed content - but this is a general
  problem of all Ant elements.

* Namespace support is not complete.  Peter, correct me if I'm wrong.
  I can get the namespace URI and the local name, but I can't get
  access to the prefix actually used on the elements when I use the
  DynamicConfigurator interface.

Most use cases don't need the actual namespace prefix, but it would be nice to have for completeness.

  Right now I don't parse the name at all, it may be better to extract
  the namespace URI and the local name (currently commented out in the
  committed code) instead.

So the namespace URI and the local name are currently actually passed to the DynamicConfigurator in the form namespace-uri:local-name? I wasn't aware of that. Wouldn't it make more sense to add a DynamicConfiguratorNS interface, possibly extending DynamicConfigurator, that would pass all the required information explicitly?

-chris