Christopher Lenz wrote:
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
On 27 Nov 2003, Stefan Bodewig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Christopher Lenz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
So the namespace URI and the local name are currently actually
passed to the DynamicConfigurator in the form
namespace-uri:local-name?

Actually, I thought so from reading the code,

And they in fact are, at least under some circumstances.

IMHO, this is a really bad thing. If I take any 1.5-based task that uses DynamicConfigurator, and define it into a namespace, it will break, because the code doesn't split the namespace URI and the local name.

Only the local name should be passed to DynamicConfigurator.

Naturally, that will make stuff like XMLFragment less useful in 1.6, because no information about namespaces will be available. To support such use cases, a new DynamicConfiguratorNS interface should be added that would support methods like createDynamicElement(namespaceUri, localName) and createDynamicAttribute(namespaceUri, localName, value).

The interface should also have a method like setNamespaceContext(..) to pass in an object that knows all the prefix-to-URI mappings (something like org.xml.sax.helpers.NamespaceSupport, but immutable).

-chris