Hi,

I am currently working in dev on ant xdocs proposal (quite silent work actually, I only did one or 2 commits in December).
I have noticed that ant xdocs proposals is failing on most gump instances, but it should be possible to make it work.
Normally the jar files which should be used for this build are checked in in the ant repository under proposal/xdocs/lib.
If you do not want to run proposal/xdocs using checked in jars for the xdoclet functionality because you want to run it against the latest good version of xdoclet, should be fair enough.

This one http://nagoya.apache.org/~rubys/gump/ant-xdocs-proposal.html
is complaining about missing prereqs

Missing prereq |/tmp/gump/xdoclet/target/lib/xdoclet-20040112.jar| from xdoclet <http://nagoya.apache.org/%7Erubys/gump/xdoclet.html>
Missing prereq |/tmp/gump/xdoclet/target/lib/xdoclet-apache-module-20040112.jar| from xdoclet <http://nagoya.apache.org/%7Erubys/gump/xdoclet.html>
Missing prereq |/tmp/gump/xdoclet/target/lib/xdoclet-bea-module-20040112.jar| from xdoclet <http://nagoya.apache.org/%7Erubys/gump/xdoclet.html>

the jars which are declared missing there are present under other names under proposal/xdocs/lib in the ant repository

here is what I have got :

-rw-r--r-- 1 antoine Kein 91866 Jan 5 2003 commons-collections-2.0.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 antoine Kein 26388 Jan 5 2003 commons-logging.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 antoine Kein 150795 Apr 30 2003 xdoclet-1.2b3-dev.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 antoine Kein 192570 Apr 30 2003 xdoclet-ejb-module-1.2b3-dev.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 antoine Kein 39403 Apr 30 2003 xdoclet-web-module-1.2b3-dev.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 antoine Kein 56298 Apr 30 2003 xdoclet-xdoclet-module-1.2b3-dev.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 antoine Kein 230443 Apr 30 2003 xjavadoc-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

other jars listed by gump as prereqs are not really required by proposal/xdocs

This gump instance http://gump.cocoondev.org/ant-xdocs-proposal.html consistently complains about the same missing prerequs.

This one http://nagoya.apache.org/~dims/gump/ant/ant-xdocs-proposal.html is complaining about xom missing =-O (I do not know xom, not sure whether it is required by ant xdocs proposals).

So could one of you guys fix the descriptors for ant xdocs proposal or discuss a way forward to get this built ?

Other ideas/changes will come next :
- generate the xdocs from ant's build/classes directory + lib/optional (ie what has just been built) rather than based on ${ant.home} (what has been installed, might be different)
- use anakia to go from xml to html instead of dvsl . It will be more consistent with the rest of the ant docs, maybe will be helpful to generate tabs on the top of the page and content frames on the left
looking like what is there in the top level elements of http://ant.apache.org

Cheers,

Antoine