On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Antoine Lévy-Lambert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I have noticed that ant xdocs proposals is failing on most gump
> instances,

Largely because xdoclet fails to build.

> Normally the jar files which should be used for this build are
> checked in in the ant repository under proposal/xdocs/lib.

Well, it is against Gump's declared purpose to use them.

> So could one of you guys fix the descriptors

"You guys" includes you, Antoine, as all Apache committers have commit
access to the Gump repository.

> or discuss a way forward to get this built ?

I'd propose to set up a second xdocs project with the xdoclet
dependencies replaced by <work> entries for the jars in Ant's CVS.
That new project would build and the old will not as long as XDoclet
doesn't build, but will use the latest XDoclet once it builds again.

> Other ideas/changes will come next : - generate the xdocs from ant's
> build/classes directory + lib/optional (ie what has just been built)
> rather than based on ${ant.home}

ant.home is the location of the freshly compiled Ant, it get's set in
the Gump descriptor.