Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:

From: Peter Reilly [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Antoine Lévy-Lambert wrote:

I am +1 to get this into ant 1.6.1.

(in relation to static map of jarfile->manifest class path in AntClassLoader2).

Ok I will commit that.

Another optimization I tried was a quick hack to DefBase to have a static field containing the default classloader, so it
gets set once. This did speed up the typedef the second and subsequent times and reduced the
time for the test to 1.6 second (from 3 and thus below the 1.5.4 times (2 second) when using the crimson xml parser).
However it is a complete hack, and does not deal with non-default classpaths like:
<typedef classpath="${antlib.jar}" resource="net/sf/antcontrib/antcontrib.properties"/>

I have some none committed changes (at home) that provide
caching for classloaders based on the path object used to create it.

Sounds good.

This would mean that all the classpaths reused by a refid will reuse the same classloader and hence improve performance.
At this point the WeakHashMap I am using is per Project instance
which would not help for <antcalls/> but I could change that.

The antcall's (ant, antall, subant and foreach) is where there is a big problem. Some build
systems use these a lot.

Do you want me to submit that code? Maybe by tomorrow?

Perhaps it could be reviewed first.

Peter