Well, we at commons-net would have been rushing the release to meet ant's
"deadline" and there are internal refactorings which we would have liked to
have included that we were planning to postpone in the rush, but now will
take the time to get right, so I doubt that commons-net-1.2.0 will be done in
time for ant 1.6.1 and therefore we shouldn't update the ant manual just yet.

I think the best procedure will be for commons-net to work at it's own best
pace and when it's done, notify the ant list, via bugzilla and via posts to
the ant-dev and ant-user lists.  At that point, any ant users needing this
functionality would be able to grab the commons-net-1.2.0 jar and get the
basic functionality.  At that point also, coding could begin on the HEAD
branch of ant and the documentation in time for 1.7 (or maybe 1.6.2 if that
comes to pass).