On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Steve Loughran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> is anyone else using this yet?

No.  So take whatever I write with a grain of salt or two.

> 1. For <mavenrepository> always download pom and license files if
> present.

Making that optional should be enough.

> 2. add a new magic property to let people override the ibiblio
> mirror for all their projects.

Do we have a magic property to not use any mirror
(like maven --offline)?

Do we really want to use magic properties at all?  This also includes
ant.maven.repository.dir.

> 3. make the default library the same place maven stores their files.

Yes.

> 4. implement Russel's suggestion of fileset+filelist type
> generation.

Sounds useful.

> 5. Better error handling if things fail.

8-)  Applies to almost all tasks.

> I also think it would be convenient with my life if as well as
> customisations, say ~/.ant/build.properties

Sure, if I can turn it off with --noconfig.

> I thought maybe we did this already, but couldnt see it in the docs
> or the source.

We are sourcing ~/.ant/ant.conf so you could make it something like

if [ -z "$ANT_ARGS" ]; then
    ANT_ARGS="-propertyfile $HOME/.ant/build.properties"
else
    ANT_ARGS="$ANT_ARGS -propertyfile $HOME/.ant/build.properties"
fi

[[[ may break if $HOME contains spaces ]]]