Ha, I think we've been stonewalled.  What we're
talking about is great for add* methods, but I think
we're out of luck for create* methods.  Although I
never use these anymore either.  Seems kind of bad to
say "refid works on all datatypes automatically,
unless you use createXXX methods"... :(  I may keep
messing around with this just to see what happens
though.

-Matt