Stefan Bodewig wrote:
On 12 May 2005, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

+ For all users, a minimum version of commons-net of 1.4.0 is now required.

Is this really true?

I understand it is required to compile <ftp> or if you use one of
the new features.  But if you use <ftp> the same way you did
before and use a binary installation of Ant, 1.2.x should work as
well, not?

You are correct, sir. It won't compile but it will run against the older jar, as long as the new functionalities are not called. I forget that not everyone wants to build ant :-).

The existing tests can be run successfully if you ignore the errors. You see, Antoine, your tests have already proven their value!

I will revise this documentation, and also change the code to output a more meaningful error message if anyone tries to use the new features with an older jar.