Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:
Going to the old discussions in how to approach this issues,
the thing that bother me most, is that in order to get access
to an imported target I need to know the name given to the project
on the file that did the import.

This in my opinion contradicts the hidding rules of OO programming.
I should not need to know about the internals of an imported object.
It also means that I have to coordinate all the files I may directly
or indirectly import so that there is no project name clashes.

Java imports packages that have to be unique based on a naming convention; AFAIK if package names are not unique, you have clashes.
Unfortunately now it's too late to reccomend a naming convention.

I would advocate to allow the importer the specify the aliasing name it wants to use for the imported things, so one has something like:
<import file="bar.xml" as="imp2"/>

Very nice, I like it.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -