Kev Jackson wrote:

Since you are i hibernate user that may be one of the major reasons for you to switch (i know i will, eventually) to use the annotations and EJB3 hibernate stuff.

I actually find Hibernate* to not be as good as advertised, but then I don't think the EJB3 stuff adds anything (indeed I feel it ties you into vendors).

Personally, i'm waiting for the majority of my toolset to catch up, probably will switch during the summer.

I have the Java5 sdk, but i code to 1.4 conventions and I use Jikes, I don't miss the new features, so I don't feel left out or anything :)

I've been doing stuff on an off with it.

1. generics is wierd. It makes collections, well, different. There is a lot of complexity there.

2. I do like the new iterator. OK. IDEs make typing out interator code trivial, but this keeps everything cleaner. I just wish they had taken an Iterator<T> as a parameter instead of Iterable<T>.

3. not used annotations yet. Not even @override.

Overall I am unsure which features are really compelling.

-steve