Hi all,

I'm not confirming yet to be release manager, but I'm preparing a build environment with all libs etc - so I'm edging my hat into the ring

you need the libs for all the optional tasks described in the section
"installing ant" of the manual.

I have all the latest libs as described in this section, but I still can't get a completely clean compile of the following (from within eclipse)

org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.XalanLiason
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.Xalan1Executor

packages:
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.ejb
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.starteam
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.scm

the way to check that you have all the libs is to make a full build and check that all the ant-* jar files have built and are not manifest only.

the only lib which belongs to a product without an open source license
is weblogic.

Which tasks require this weblogic.jar? I'm getting quite a clean build here without it and I can't see where it's required.

I can help you regarding this one if you like.

Concerning the system, any operating system is good.

Well my main (currently only personal) machine is an ageing G4 powerbook - OSX 10.4 with Java5 (apple supplied, also have JDK1.3/1.4 available). I have a nice OpenBSD3.9 box in the office here and obviously I have access to WindowsXP sp2 machines too, so I can potentially test a build on 3 envs, although realistically I'd only build it under my main machine as the others are not setup as dev boxes.

I built Ant 1.6 under Windows 2000 with a Sun JDK 1.4, all in one go.

It looks like that Ant 1.7 has classes which require to be built under
JDK 1.5.

Well I can certainly build a test release on my main machine if I can get all the required jars - my plan is to create a release-test build/ dist today and upload to my apache space if all goes well.

Thanks for the info so far
Kev

--
"I call it the State where everyone, good or bad, is a poison- drinker: the State where universal slow suicide is called - life" - Friedrich Nietzsche