On 3 Jun 2006, at 13:16, Hayden Melton wrote:

http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~hayden/corpus.htm

<quote>

If you're too busy to read my research page, and want to use these graphs to tell a "good" from "bad" structure: big red bars are bad.

</quote>

Love that! Still not sure how to interpret the graphs, but at least from that description, the less red on the graph the better :)

Is your analysis in any way similar to how PMD defines it's cyclic complexity metric? I always thought that PMD did a good job of warning developers of potentially 'smelly' code.

How do you generate the data to build the graphs? Do you have an ant task to analyse the ant code?! :)

Good stuff to see anyway, shame I'm not smart enough (nor conscientious enough to read your research page thoroughly) to understand all of it apart from the overview you so eloquently provided (quoted above)

Thanks for this
Kev

--
"I call it the State where everyone, good or bad, is a poison- drinker: the State where universal slow suicide is called - life" - Friedrich Nietzsche