Peter Reilly wrote:
Sorry for asking for another vote on the Classloader for ant issue,
but I think that the last vote was very half-hearted in slight support
of including the (new) classloader task. However, I think that there
was not enough support. In the meantime, I have
been looking at Jesse's idea to have a "secondary" classloader
that is used to load antlibs and optional tasks. I presented an
initial implemention (see the "classloader for 1.7" subject).

> Vote:
>  yes this is a good thing for 1.7 [  ]
>  no,  let us stabilize 1.7            [  X]

I think right now I'm going to in the no category, though +0 rather than -1. This is not because I dont think its a good idea -I think it is wonderful- but I think the complications of adding it will add lots of surprises. Most importantly, it becomes really hard to uninvent once it has shipped.

What we could do is take this as the opportunity to make a working 1.8 branch and put in in there, and post 1.7.0 think about adding it to the 1.7.x branch.