On 15/09/06, Kevin Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
And with the antrun plugin, ok I can get <tstamp> to generate the
value I'm after, and I can use copy/replace to filter it into the
file, but what phase/goal do I need to set so that ant will execute
before the jar file is built?  I thought process-classes as
process-resources seems to occur before compilation.

Anything before 'package' is fine, with process-resources being the
most sensible. Just as long as you aren't overwriting it again with
the resources plugin itself.

Your best bet is probably to generate a filter.properties in the
"generate-resources" phase that has the value, then use the filtering
you had configured to copy the resource itself.

Here's a working example: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2561

- Brett