I have been thinking on how to support javax.script in future
versions of ant.

Initially, I though of using a new task <scriptx> or something
similar, but have reconsidered and now think that the same
tasks (<script>, <scriptdef> and types <scriptmapper> etc) can
be used.

The idea is that ant-core code would first check for the language
implementation in bsf and if that (the language or bsf) does not
exist, ant-core will then check for javax.script support for the language.

This would mean that using jdk6, ant would support javascript
out-of-the-box, but users would be able to use non-cut-down
versions of rhino by installing bsf and rhino, either in -lib places
($ANT_HOME/lib, ${user.dir}/.ant/lib) or by using the
<classpath> element of <script>.

Peter