On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Stefan Bodewig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008, Xavier Hanin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 9:23 AM, Stefan Bodewig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:

> > > OK, what can ant-contrib do if it wants to compile against Ivy
> > > 2.0.0beta2 and trunk with the same codebase?
> >
> > This is not straightforward, since we broke the API.
>
> Right, that's why Gump finds it 8-)
>
> Maybe you could throw in a deprecated setId() method that delegated to
> setSettingsId()?  At least for the next beta so ant-contrib has a
> stable base to work from without resorting to reflection.
>
> I looked into the code to see what the id is used for.  It is later
> used as the argument for IvyCacheFileset.setSettingsRef - this
> wouldn't work with a reference to the task but would require a
> reference to the settings, which now would exactly be what
> setSettingsId creates, right?

Yes, I think setSettingsId is the good method to call, 2.0.0-beta2 was
broken in that sense. Introducing a setId method for backward compatiblity
with something broken in concept doesn't sound really nice IMO. We will
probably forget to remove it after, I don't like it too much. IMO antcontrib
should be built either against trunk, or against beta2, but not both.

But maybe others have a different opinion?

Xavier