"Gilles Scokart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 08/19/2008 02:01:53 PM:

> Why not using the same logic that we have with ant -p and ant -p -v.?
> We could have ant -v -version and ant -v -diagnostics.

Having started working on this now, I've discovered there are a few issues
with this approach.

1) With the current argument handling logic, this would only work if the
user specifies "-v" first: if user specifies "-version" first then
argument handling stops immediately, the version is shown & Ant exits.

2) When "-v -version" is specified by the user, the current argument
handling logic actually shows the Ant version twice.

I would prefer not to do a major rewrite of the argument handling logic
just to implement this feature. Is anyone opposed to adding a new
"-fullversion" argument?