On Tue, 28 Oct 2008, Dominique Devienne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Your example would read just as well, if not better, written as
> <target name="foo" group="bar" depends="...">...</target>.

I agree.  I think part of the reason for the name "phase" is that it
is used to create a concept similar to Maven phases in EasyAnt.
Still, we should choose names that make sense inside Ant IMHO.

> When I argue what I believe is the right way to do something, and my
> point is being dismissed in favor of a lesser design (at least to
> me), this typically leaves me frustrated.

I don't think you are alone with this.

> Stefan "remue le couteau dans la plaie"

Since my son who started learning french this term is asleep, I used
one of those online translators.  In German we sprinkle salt into open
wounds, less violent.

Actually I was calling you up for support (which worked ;-) and didn't
mean to hurt.  Jean-Louis wasn't aware of the context, my fault.