--- Xavier Hanin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 6:30 AM, Stefan Bodewig
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 28 Oct 2008, Dominique Devienne
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Your example would read just as well, if not
> better, written as
> > > <target name="foo" group="bar"
> depends="...">...</target>.
> >
> > I agree.  I think part of the reason for the name
> "phase" is that it
> > is used to create a concept similar to Maven
> phases in EasyAnt.
> > Still, we should choose names that make sense
> inside Ant IMHO.
>
> I like the target-group name too, and I don't think
> it's a problem for the
> EasyAnt project to use this name instead of phase.

I am thinking a less invasive approach would be:

1.  Allow arbitrary properties of a Target object to
be set using IntrospectionHelper.
2.  Delegate Target instantiation to Project.
3.  Define an ant.project.class magic property to
easily allow the user to specify an extended Project
class to use.
4.  EasyAnt has its own Project, Target, and Executor
implementations that know about phases.

-Matt