> > - release further resources
> >
> >  Maybe a subproject locks further resources (update-site, ...). So we have
> >  to release them?
>
> I don’t understand this. How a retirement of a sub project should
> trigger the release of a related project ?

This is a misunderstanding in my wording.
Here I use "release" as "not using any more" (like release a lock) and not
"release a new version".

Maybe this clearer?

--8-<--------8-<--------8-<--------8-<------
- free further resources

  Maybe a subproject locks further resources (update-site, ...). So we have
  to release/delete them?
--8-<--------8-<--------8-<--------8-<------

> This topic raises another question. What should we do about the
> artifact released in dist ? I guess we should delete them so they get
> archived ?

Sounds good.
But if we delete them, how get they archived?

> The formal vote has no special reason to be private, so I guess
> everything will be discussed and advertised there.

Ok, I added on both:
"... is started by a formal vote of the Ant PMC at dev@ant."

> >  Do we have to announce the reactivation of the subproject announce@apache?
> I think it will depend on the community involved, if they want more publicity.

Ok, decision postponed  ...

"Announce the reactivation of the subproject at dev@ant.
Decide about announcing the reactivation of the subproject at announce@apache."

Where could I write these infos?
Wiki seems to be read-only.
New paragraph in site/ant/production/bylaws.html
A new page on the homepage (Project Management | Processes)?

Jan