I am forking the thread to not pollute the vote.

> Le 7 déc. 2016 à 19:56, Gintautas Grigelionis <g.grigelio...@gmail.com> a
> écrit :
>
> I decided to take a quick look at the build process and it's not broken per
> se, rather it's hardcoded to Eclipse SDK 3.7.1 foe Win32.

You confirm the doc is being correctly build ? If that effectively the case, it
is good to know, thank you for looking into it.
But one thing is broken for sure: the Ant targets to build IvyDE for the
release, because they still assert that the sources are being hosted in
subversion.

> I would like to
> make the process to adapt to the build platform. Any suggestions for a
> reasonable Eclipse baseline? Should we target Java 8, that would be 4.5 (or
> maybe even 4.5.2).

Here is what is currently supported:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/history/trunk/compatibility.html
<http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/history/trunk/compatibility.html>
It certainly can be reviewed.

As a general rule I would make IvyDE support the same version of the JVM as Ivy
and Eclipse does. A thing to note is that some IvyDE users are installing it in
their IBM RAD editor, so it would be nice to continue supporting if it doesn’t
require much effort.

Nicolas