Thanks for the comment. IMHO, if there ever would be an Ant Contrib 2.0, it
should contain at least

antcallback
antfetch
for
if (I see use cases where xmlns:if is more cumbersome :-)
outofdate
switch
trycatch/throw
switch
stopwatch (for those who like adding timers in the script rather than using
a listener)
math (although it might be easier using JavaScript scriptdef nowadays)
propertycopy
propertyregex
propertyselector (what would be a replacement here?)
urlencode
limit
antclipse (perhaps enhanced with multirootfileset)
inifile
verifydesign

http task(s) deserve a separate antlib. The tasks on the block are

assert
foreach
runtarget
timestampselector