On 2018-04-15, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:

> Moreover, the refactoring of tests is not about extracting repetitive
> code into "smart" methods; it's about parameterizing -- which is
> another nice thing about JUnit 4 -- and we'll be getting to that.

If we could get there with diff smaller than several 1000 lines, I'd
appreciate that. :-)

>> IIRC the fallback would be to use the current working directory instead
>> of the "root" property if the former is not set. We can easily deal with
>> this by using

>> System.getProperty("root", System.getProperty("user.dir"))

>> instead, right?

> Rather,

> System.getProperty("root",
> buildRule.getProject().getBaseDir().getAbsolutePath())

The one case where you removed the root property you switched to using
the one-arg File constructor, so I assumed you needed the current
working directory. Some of the tests using "root" don't use
BuildFileRule right now. But I don't really care how the code gets
adapted as long as it keeps the root property alive and allows you to
run the tests from an IDE.

>> By the looks of it, JUnit 5 runner tests need an assumption check, too.

>> Not sure why, but I may again be missing something.

> Please have a look at TeamCity tests at JetBrains. They start with a
> clean directory, then run ant -Ddest=optional -f fetch.xml, then
> ./build.sh test, and fail with

> java.lang.Exception: No runnable methods

This more looks as if we need an extra dependency for the tests and
should exclude the test class if no engine is present, but I'm not sure.