On 23.01.2019 08:56, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
Our Ant testsuite against this EA version of JDK 13 has passed fine on
Linux. However, one of our other projects within the Ant umbrella has
shown an issue with the Jacoco library usage (which internally uses ASM
library). Narrowing this down to a simple standalone Java program has
shown that this version of Java isn't compatible with ASM 7.0. It runs into:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 57
     at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(ClassReader.java:184)
     at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(ClassReader.java:166)
     at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(ClassReader.java:152)

while trying to instrument a class compiled with that JDK 13 EA build. I
haven't yet had a chance to see if there's a newer version of ASM which
works against this version, but my quick checks haven't shown any newer
versions.

Hi Jaikiran,

the changes for experimental support of JDK 13 bytecode have just gone into jacoco, per https://github.com/jacoco/jacoco/pull/835 .

cheers,
dalibor topic

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Dalibor Topic | Principal Product Manager

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Kühnehöfe 5 | D-22761 Hamburg

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

Handelsregister der Handelskammer Midden-Nederland, Nr. 30143697