On 2023-03-02, KUNES Michael wrote:

> Thank you for the hint! We will evaluate that alternative soon.

> Problem for such an evaluation is: we've a huge amount of different HW types
> (all embedded) with SW from brand new to VERY old (10y+). Therefore, such
> replacements always are dangerous and need lot of tests. In these cases:
> "never change a running SW" really has a meaning...

Ah, I see. In the case of "really old HW" the required minimum Java
version might become an issue. For Commons Compress and Ant 1.10.x that
would be Java 8 and might be too ambituous for your usage. (feels a bit
odd to write that in times where major frameworks move to Java 17 as
baseline, but I've worked on very conservative long running projects
myself :-).

The second issue you reported should have been fixed with Ant 1.8.0
which is compatible with Java 1.4 (like any other 1.8.x release).

The 1.9.x branch which is still maintained by us for serious bug fixes
requires Java 5 with 1.9.16 being the latest release.