I think it is definitely possible and would also second that it is a great
streaming technology. It's still in use, we use it at our workplace. I
would also add that it is not necessary that all streaming technologies
look the same, follow the same bandwagon and have the same capabilities to
be deemed useful or relevant. Being different is what made Apex unique in
the first place when everyone was going the sql route.

Thanks

--
Thanks,
Pramod