On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 18:51:50 -0000, André Limaverde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I want to run soffice.bin as a Linux service so I can use the API.
For now I run "soffice.bin -invisible" in a terminal, but I want to
run this during the boot.

I've tried to put this in /etc/inittab, rc.local etc. but nothing
seems to work. I've received "soffice.bin: Fatal IO error: client
killed".

The closest to what I want is putting the command in /etc/profile. But
this forces me to logon on Linux to the command run.
I'm using Fedora Core 2.

A. Limaverde

Have you tried running it as a service under listening mode?

soffice -accept=socket,host=0,port=2002;urp;

--
Alexandro Colorado
CoLeader of OpenOffice.org ES