Fabricio Lemos wrote:
>> I see. The best idea I have is to keep a local copy of the file each
>> time the document is sent to the server and when the document is closed
>> load the copy of the document (in hidden mode), change the time and sent
>> *this* document to the server.
>
> Unhappyly, the user should be able to travel with the document between
> folders and with this solution he would have to travel with the
> document copies each time he moves the original document. This would
> not be a clear solution :(

Maybe I don't understand how you integrate with OOo. My understanding is
that you have a component that registers at a document and waits until
it is closed, then you want to revert this document back to the last
saved state, modify the edit time and send it to the server. How is the
document sent to the server? Directly via http or is it an operation
done by your component (e.g. by intercepting the saving process)?

>> In future versions of OOo we will be able to change the metadata of a
>> document without loading the whole file, just with loading and storing
>> only the metadata. So if you now store your document editing time as
>> custom metadata (a new feature in OOo2) you can speed up your workflow a
>> lot once the feature will be available.
>
> Any ideas on which version will have this feature?

Not for sure. It might be 2.0.2 or 2.0.3.

Best regards,

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.