Am Donnerstag, 19. Januar 2006 21:31 schrieb Mathias Bauer:
> If the tip from Martin really works your message box should appear in
         ^^^
What tip?  He explained how things are coded.

> front of the new document if you created it *after* putting the new
> window to front.

No, unless my memory fails badly on me, it doesn't: Even if I put the new
window in front before creating the message box, the message will appear in
front of the old window.  But if I add a "Wait 1" before displaying the
MsgBox, the message box appears in front of the new window!

The solution in a nutshell (the second "toFront" is a fallback solution for
the case that the "Wait 1" trick fails):

  Document = Service.loadComponentFromURL(file, "_blank", 0, noArgs())
  Document.getCurrentController().getFrame().getContainerWindow().toFront()
  Wait 1
  Msgbox "foo"
  Document.getCurrentController().getFrame().getContainerWindow().toFront()

BTW, as window manager KDE 3.something is employed.

--
Dipl.-Phys. Felix E. Klee
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (work), [EMAIL PROTECTED] (home)