Tobias Krais wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> after I created successfully a new menu and menu item I now want to add
> functionality to the menu item. The functionality should be implemented
> in Java. Can you tell me where to start to learn doing this, or tell me
> some package- / interfacenames that are involved in doing this?

Menu commands are command strings that are handed over to the so called
Dispatch Framework. You can place "internal" commands there and then
some OOo code will be called or (if an "interceptor" is placed into OOo)
also some "external" code. You can also place "external" commands there
that can trigger code you provide in your component.

To make OOo call such "external" code you have to use commands with your
own naming scheme and implement and install a so called "protocol
handler" that handles commands using the scheme. All this is described
in the Developers Guide in the chapters about Dispatching and Add-Ons.

Best regards,

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.