Tobias Krais wrote:

> Hi together,
>
> I created my first component and have now a big problem:
> -----%<-----
> private XComponent openDocument = null;
> [...]
> // Querying for the interface XPrintable on the loaded document
> XPrintable xPrintable = (XPrintable)
>         UnoRuntime.queryInterface(XPrintable.class, openDocument);
> -----%<-----
>
> I want to print the current document, but I don't know how to tell the
> component the XComponent the user used when clicking on the item of the
> menu.
>
> Can anybody tell me how to do this?
>
> Or generally: how to give variables to components?

By using their API.
Sorry, this isn't a joke, it's just the truth. A more useful answer
depends on the component you want to use.

So what kind of component are you talking about? As an example, if your
component is a job or a document event listener it gets a frame object
on initialization or execution time (and the frame is able to tell the
component the document it belongs to). The same is true for Dispatch
objects since OOo2.0.x (x=2 IIRC).

Best regards,

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.