If you are using a macro to search, you can indicate where a search will begin. For example, you can specify that the search should start at the first position of the text object in the first cell of a table. Or, you could start searching from the last point before the text table begins.

You can then check the end position to see if it is after the text table of interest. There are, of course, certain difficulties when comparing ranges that are NOT in the same text object, but that is related to the details of solving the problem, rather than answering your high-level question.

Kent Gibson wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. Something like that might
work. Perhaps I should explain the problem a bit more.
I am having some quirky problems inserting images into
tables. So I thought I would render my table and
instead of inserting images, I would insert some text
(ie a url) then when I finished the table I would
replace the text with an image (with a macro). The
idea works great. But search only seems to work at the
document level. The idea won't work at the very end of
rendering, becuase I need to render the table (which
is in a frame) and then replace the images and then
check to see how big my frame is, because these frames
will be chained.
I could render a table, do my search and throw out
previosly "found" tables (this may be computationally
very expensive at the end of a large document). Or
render my table, and do a forward search. But I am not
sure if either of these will work.

--- Peter Eberlein
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Kent,

Kent Gibson schrieb:
Is there any way to do a search using XSearchable
in
writer and set the scope to something other than
the
document, for example a table or a cell range?

I am pretty sure it works in calc with cell
ranges,
but I can't get it work in the writer for anything
but
a document.

why not checking the found-objects (which are
XTextRanges), if they support one of the XTextTable-Services?

Peter

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]