Have a look at some basic-code

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=36724&highlight=xexporter

Fernand

Jimmy schreef:
My Java Component is supposed to export a file to another xml format and has to save the images right along with the xml file in a folder. How can I get access to the images in the current document and save/export them?

I did find an old OOMacro, which didn't actually work for me and I didn't know how to convert to Java as well:
http://codesnippets.services.openoffice.org/Writer/Writer.ExtractGfx.snip

Any help or examples appreciated.
Jimmy