Jimmy schreef:
This is not really the approach I was looking for. I'd like to export images inside a Writer document. Is there some chance to access the images in the zip file and save those? Has anyone ever tried this with Java?
No never in java :-) but i tried a lot in basic. For this kind of job you have with the api 2 choiches.

- Transfering the Graphic to a hidden) drawdoc into a shape in a Drawpage and from there you can Export ("com.sun.star.drawing.GraphicExportFilter") the graphic to any URL with a choise of different FileFormats and you can also changes the PixelSizes (dimensions) - Using the GraphicProvider ("com.sun.star.graphic.GraphicProvider") who acts as a container from where you can "store" the Graphic to any URL But here you can NOTchanges the Pixelsizes only choose a different fileformat.

Graphic inside (embedded) or linked makes no difference slect the graphs like

   Dim oAllGraphics As Object
   Dim oGraphic As Object
   AllGraphics = oDocument.getGraphicObjects
   Dim n As Integer
   FOR n = 0 to oAllGraphics.Count - 1
       oGraphic = oAllGraphics(n)
        NEXT

Hope  it helps

Fernand Vanrie schrieb:
Have a look at some basic-code

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=36724&highlight=xexporter

Fernand

Jimmy schreef:
My Java Component is supposed to export a file to another xml format and has to save the images right along with the xml file in a folder. How can I get access to the images in the current document and save/export them?

I did find an old OOMacro, which didn't actually work for me and I didn't know how to convert to Java as well: http://codesnippets.services.openoffice.org/Writer/Writer.ExtractGfx.snip

Any help or examples appreciated.
Jimmy